|Water Test kit information|
|Water Test kit (contents)|
|Bacteria Test - info & usage|
|Hardness & Iron Test - info & usage|
|4-way Test for hardness, iron, pH & Alkalinity - info & usage|
|pH & Alkalinity Test - info & usage|
|Metals Test - info & usage|
|Water Test kit (2-test pack)|
|Adrenal Function Urine Test|
|Sulkowitch Urine (Calcium) Test|
Hardness & Iron Test (2-test pack)
Check your drinking, tap or other water for hardness and total iron
This 2-test pack enables user to find out if the sample water contains iron (both ferrous and ferric). It also checks for the hardness
of the water.
Iron on its own is generally not harmful to health. It does cause stain to machinery, sink and other fixtures as well as causing scale
build-up in plumbing and equipment. This decreases their efficiency and in time total blockage and use. The presence of iron may suggest
the presence of iron bacteria and they may cause other organisms to grow in the water.
Again hardness of water is not harmful to health but where the level of hardness is high, it generally indicate the presence of iron.
Water hardness is the traditional measure of of the capacity of water to react with soap, hard water require a considerable amount of
soap to produce a lather. Hard water normally produces a noticeable amount of precipitate in containers including "bathroom ring."
Water containing calcium carbonate:
- below 60mg/L is considered as soft
- 60 - 120mg/L is considered as moderately hard
- 120 - 180mg/L is considered as hard
- above 180mg/L is considered very hard
WHO guidelines - WHO/HSE/WSH10.01/10/Rev/1
Store the bacteria test in a cool dry place and use at room temperature (16°C – 28°C or 60°F – 85°F).
The kit contains a foil with 2 strips. (see images on below).
How to test:
- Remove one strip from the foil packaging. DO NOT TOUCH THE INDICATOR AREA OF THE STRIP.
- Dip in water and remove immediately.
- Hold level for 10 seconds – DO NOT SHAKE WATER OFF STRIP.
- Compare indicator pads on strip to colour charts starting with Chlorine.
- Open the foil packing and carefully remove one of the strips. DO NOT TOUCH THE INDICATOR AREA OF THE STRIP.
- Immerse the indicator area into the water in the test tube making sure that it is fully immersed for 2 seconds.
- Remove the strip from the test tube, face up, and shake once to remove excess water from the strip.
- Wait 60 seconds and compare any colour change in the indicator area to the colour chart provided on the packaging foil.
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
Health Canada and the FDA (USA) have not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent