|Adrenal Function Urine Test|
|Adrenal Function Urine Test kit|
ADRENAL FUNCTION URINE TEST
Monitor your health through your adrenals
Purpose of the test
Measure the salt (Sodium chloride NaCl) content in an urine sample quickly and accurately using a simple titration procedure.
Pharmacology of the test
Determination of the salt content in urine is based on the reaction of silver ions with chloride ions and silver chloride is precipitated
quantitatively. The end point of the reaction is made visible by the presence of the activator. During the test, the urine sample remains
light to dark yellow. When the urine sample turns to a light brown hue (see image), the test is complete. It is important to count the
number of drops of indicator added. Once this colour is achieved, addition of more indicator will cause the colour to darken.
A trial sample of 1% NaCl is provided so that the user can practise to recognise the completion of the test through final colour change as
It is recommended that "fresh" urine sample should be collected for use.
Use only the pipettes provided in the kit as the drop size of the indicator solution is important and will affect reading of the result against
the chart provided. Please use use one pippete for each solution (urine, activator, indicator) otherwise using the same pippete for all the
solutions may cause contamination and affect the result
Testing with the standard trial 1% Salt sample provided
Carry out the test as follows:
- Add 10 drops of the salt solution to the test tube
- Add 1 drop of the activator solution, swirl the test tube to mix the solutions
- Add indicator solution drop by drop slowly, mixing the contents of the test tube after each drop taking note of the number of drops
that has been added
- When the solution turns from yellow to a light brown hue, stop adding the indicator solution
- Record the number of drops of indicator used and check chart for result
(Note: the standard salt solution contains 1% salt. If the end point is detected correctly, the number of drops of indicator used should
be between 15-21 drops but due to variance of drop size, the true value may fall between 17-18 drops ± 2-3 drops)
- Repeat the test with fresh salt solution, if desired
Testing with urine sample collected
Carry out the test as follows:
- Collect fresh urine sample
- Transfer 10 drops of the urine sample to the test tube with the pipette provided
- Add one drop of the activator solution to the urine with the pipette provided, swirl to mix the solutions
- Add indicator solution drop by drop slowly, mixing the contents in the test tube by gently shaking or
swirling after the addition of each drop taking note of the number of drops added.
- When the solution colour changes from yellow to a light brown hue, stop adding the indicator solution immediately and take note of the
number of drops used
- Read the result from the chart provided
Images of Adrenal Function Urine Test Kit
The Adrenal Function Urine Test was produced in collaboration with and the results were validated by Kemetco Research Inc. based
in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada - 2010
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
Health Canada and the FDA (USA) have not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent