|Water Test kit information|
|Water Test kit (contents)|
|Bacteria Test - info & usage|
|Hardness & Iron Test - info & usage|
|4-way Test for hardness, iron, pH & Alkalinity - info & usage|
|pH & Alkalinity Test - info & usage|
|Metals Test - info & usage|
|Water Test kit (2-test pack)|
|Adrenal Function Urine Test|
|Sulkowitch Urine (Calcium) Test|
Check your drinking, tap or other water for presence of bacteria
This bacteria test enables user to find out if the sample water contains coliform bacteria. Coliform bacteria are a commonly used
bacterial indicator of sanitary quality of foods and water. They are defined as rod-shaped Gram-negative non-spore forming bacteria which
can ferment lactose with the production of acid and gas when incubated at 35–37°C.
[American Public Health Association (APHA),
Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater (19th ed.), APHA, Washington, DC (1995).]
Store the bacteria test in a cool dry place and use at room temperature (16°C – 28°C or 60°F – 85°F).
The kit contains a vial for testing presence of bacteria in water (see image on right).
How to test
- Take out the Bacteria test vial and set upright on a flat surface.
- Collect the specimen water sample in a test tube.
- Carefully twist the cap off the test vial and fill it to ½ inch below the top (5ml line).
DO NOT OVERFILL and SPILL any of the bacteria growth powder in the vial.
- Replace the cap on the vial and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Stand the capped vial in an upright position on a flat surface in a warm area (70° -90°F or 21°-32°C) for 48 hours.
- Make sure that the vial is not disturbed during thise result ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions.
At the end of the 48 hours, observe the colour of the liquid in the vial without opening it:
Where the result is positive, add bleach to the solution in the vial before pouring down the toilet. Wash hands thoroughly.
Where negative result is obtained, the solution in the vial can be poured into the toilet. Dispose of the vial in the trash can.
- (-) PURPLE COLOUR – Negative Result (No bacteria was detected).
- (+) YELLOW COLOUR – Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria was detected).
Please note that the Bacteria Test is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for
drinking. The Bacteria Test provides an approximate result ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions.Osumex expressly
disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results.
Images of examples of test results:
purple result indicates no bacteria present
yellow result indicate harmful bacteria present
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
Health Canada and the FDA (USA) have not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent